Smart Business Network, based in Cleveland, Ohio, is one of the nation’s largest publishers of local management journals. It has been recognized as one of the “99 Best Companies to Work for in Northeast Ohio,” twice honored as one of the 25 fastest growing companies in the region, and recognized for its unique business model in The Wall Street Journal and The Washington Post. Smart Business has also received scores of awards in journalism, being named the best business publication in Ohio by the prestigious Society of Professional Journalists and the Cleveland Press Club three times in the last 10 years.
Since its start in 1989, Smart Business has evolved into a dynamic, fast-growing multimedia company with several divisions. Under its Magazines & Events Division, Smart Business publishes local management journals that deliver insight, advice and strategy to senior executives in 17 top U.S. markets, including Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Atlanta and Dallas. It also brings executives together face-to-face with senior-level networking events and luncheons around the country. The Content Marketing Division provides a full range of custom content marketing solutions, including print and digital magazines, ebooks, enewsletters, websites and marketing collateral.
Smart Business prides itself on being a family-first organization with a strong corporate culture. The company provides lunch for employees every Monday, often around themes with accompanying games and contests. Previous company outings have included golf scrambles, Indians baseball games and trips to the Cleveland Zoo. For smaller breaks during the workweek, employees shoot hoops, throw darts or practice on a putting green inside the office.
Smart Business frequently promotes from within, and several employees have been with the company for 15 years or more. However, the company’s recent growth has included bringing in new talent as well. The result is a dynamic mix of expertise and innovation.
For more information on careers at Smart Business, contact the following individuals:
For editorial careers: Publisher and Executive Editor Dustin S. Klein.
For sales careers: Vice President of Sales Melissa Gottlieb.
For content marketing careers: President and COO Mike Marzec.
For graphic design careers: Design Director Jim Mericsko.
For all other careers: Office Administrator Jill Brown.
National Recent Articles
- Why it might not be a bad idea to look outside of your industry when you make that next big hire
- What good leaders have the willingness to do when they know they aren’t the best person to handle a problem
- John Myers: A letter to startups
- E-commerce: A sea change in retail
- How to avoid common customer service mistakes
- How recent changes in health care regulations will impact your business
- How to maximize the benefits of an on-site clinic
- How to have a bilingual organization across communication styles
- Michael Feuer: Is red the new black? When should the top line overshadow the bottom line?
- Lee Ellis: Developing next generation leaders is a critical step to future success
- Julie Nimmons: Five things to THINK about when crafting your communications
- Andy Kanefield: Watch for five warning signs that point out an ineffective manager
- Tron Jordheim: Successful leaders show empathy, think ahead, act boldly, admit mistakes
- Dennis Seeds: Risk is part of the territory; embrace it and watch what happens
- Mark Bamforth’s M&A handbook contains a great piece of advice he used to grow Gallus BioPharmaceuticals