Being successful entails much more than simply sustaining solid earnings growth. That’s an outcome of numerous factors, such as being innovative; making necessary investments in people, products and processes; understanding your specific industry; and demonstrating the ability to make hard decisions that lead to positive outcomes.
Each year, the Business Excellence Awards of Greater Canton honor companies in the Greater Canton/Stark County region that demonstrate overall business excellence. Through a comprehensive nomination and judging process, companies are evaluated on their performance in the following areas:
- Growth in employees and business
- Expansion of operations/efficiencies
- Investment in capital improvements/facility expansion
- Demonstration of outstanding customer service
- Innovation/expansion of product line(s)
- Responsiveness to business and industry challenges and adversity
- Commitment to community involvement/contributions
- Specific achievements attained in 2007
Four companies were selected to receive an Outstanding Business Award American Medical Personnel/New Work City, Anne-Marie’s Fine Jewelry, CnD Industries and Gabrail Cancer Center. In addition, this year, Downtown Ford was honored with a Committee’s Choice Award for its accomplishments in recent years in spite of the construction surrounding the dealership’s location. Also, where most dealerships are shrinking, Downtown Ford has been able to maintain sales through offering additional product lines.
The honorees were feted at an awards banquet last month at Kent State University’s Stark Campus.
The Business Excellence Awards are sponsored by AultCare; Bruner-Cox LLP; Chase; Krugliak, Wilkins, Griffiths & Dougherty Co. LPA; The Repository; and Smart Business Network.