Visual artist, actor, fashion designer, entrepreneur, philanthropist … middle school student? In the fall of 2012, the world was introduced to then-10-year-old Santana Draper’s art-inspired apparel collection, PaperToy. He’s grown his brand awareness by exhibiting his work at several prestigious festivals, including:
- Houston’s largest fine arts festival, The Bayou City Arts Festival.
- South by Southwest (SXSW) Gaming Expo.
- Houston’s largest festival, The International Festival, known as “ifest”.
- The largest Sneaker Summit, H-town Sneaker Summit.
- ESPN’s inaugural X Games in Austin.
Now that the venture is up and running, the young artist is using a portion of its revenue to donate to local charities.
getMADE$’s Yash Semlani interviews Draper about his sources of support and inspiration, and his plans for the future in this short video.