Being successful in business entails much more than simply sustaining solid earnings growth.
That’s an outcome of numerous factors, such as being innovative,; making necessary investments in people, products and process; understanding your specific industry; and demonstrating the ability to make hard decisions that lead to positive outcomes.
Each year, the Business Excellence Awards of Greater Canton honor companies in the Greater Canton/Stark County region that demonstrate overall business excellence. Through a comprehensive nomination and judging process, companies are evaluated on the business’ performance in the following areas.
- Growth in employees and business
- Expansion of operations/efficiencies
- Investment in capital improvements/facility expansion
- Demonstration of outstanding customer service
- Innovation/expansion of product line(s)
- Responsiveness to business and industry challenges and adversity
- Commitment to community involvement/contributions
- Specific achievements attained in 2005
Five companies received an Outstanding Business Award Seifert Cos., The Karcher Group, Schumacher Homes, Terry’s Tire Town and Hammontree & Associates. In addition, Terry’s Tire Town was named Business of the Year for its exceptional efforts during 2005.
This year’s honorees exemplify what it means to be successful. The honorees were feted at an awards banquet last month.