You’re invited to join Smart Business and Medical Mutual to recognize companies, business leaders and nonprofit executives for their commitment to strengthening the bond between the for-profit and nonprofit worlds. With a decade-long tradition of honoring businesses and individuals dedicated to making the state of Ohio a better place to live, the Pillar Award for Community Service program is expanding into the Cincinnati region. Don’t miss your opportunity to nominate those that deserve recognition to be part of our inaugural class of honorees.
The Pillar Award program:
■ Publicizes the importance of community service issues, such as corporate philanthropy and volunteerism
■ Shares creative ideas about how companies have a positive impact on their communities and how nonprofit executives adapt their organizations to new economic realities
■ Honors organizations and individuals who exceed minimum expectations of community service
■ Establishes and builds a sustaining fund to provide grants for local nonprofit organizations that assist them in their mission to serve the people in Cincinnati (The Pillar Fund)
There are six distinct award categories:
- Pillar Award Presented to for-profi t businesses for their community service efforts
- Medical Mutual S.H.A.R.E. Award Presented to one company annually that best exemplifies employee-driven community service, philanthropy or volunteerism
- CVS Samaritan Award Recognizes organizations that best display a consistent track record of helping people break the cycle of poverty
- Nonprofit Board Executive of the Year Honors contributions by for-profit business executives who serve as members of nonprofit boards
- Nonprofit Executive Director of the Year Recognizes nonprofit executive directors who effectively apply for-profit business principles to their organizations
- Kent Clapp CEO Leadership Award Recognizes the top executive of a for-profit company for creating a culture of giving.
Nominations will be accepted through October 15th, 2010, and evaluated by an independent panel of judges. Pillar Award winners will be honored at a banquet on January 25, 2011, and their good works will be featured in a special editorial package in the January issue of Smart Business Cincinnati. You may nominate your own company and a colleague’s and/or client’s company.
If you would like to receive a nomination form and more detailed information about the Pillar Award program, contact Caroline Calfee at (866) 582-7011 or [email protected].
If you’d like to download a form, the PDFs are available here:
The 2011 Medical Mutual Pillar Award for Community service is presented by Medical Mutual and sponsored by CVS/Caremark, Duke Energy Center and Smart Business.