The Medical Mutual Pillar Award for Community Service, presented by Smart Business Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky, recognizes the tie between the for-profit and nonprofit worlds by honoring organizations and individuals for positively impacting the region and strengthening the community.
About the awards
- Each honoree, irrespective of the specific award, itself, is a member of “The Pillar Award for Community Service class of 2012.”
- The specific award falls into one of the following categories:
- Pillar Award — recognizes for-profit entities for broadly defined “general good deeds” — i.e., giving back to the community, corporate philanthropy (financial contributions), pro bono work, volunteerism, etc.
- Medical Mutual SHARE Award — recognizes the one member of the “Pillar Award for Community Service class of 2012” for its employee-driven philanthropy. This is where the employees take the lead role in determining the organization’s philanthropic efforts.
- CVS Samaritan Award — recognizes the one member of the “Pillar Award for Community Service class of 2012” for its commitment (or his or her commitment if it’s an individual) to helping break the cycle of poverty in the community service efforts.
- Executive Director (of the Year) Award — recognizes the top executive(s) of a nonprofit organization(s) for his or her ability to efficiently run the organization in a fiscally responsible manner, effectively tap into the expertise of the board of directors and successfully deliver upon the organization’s mission.
- Nonprofit Board Executive (of the Year) Award — recognizes for-profit executives for their work on the boards of nonprofit organizations. This may be bringing unique expertise to the board, providing financial support or leading large-or-small-scale volunteer efforts that help impact the success of the organization.
- Kent Clapp CEO Leadership Award — recognizes one top executive of a for-profit company whose commitment to and spirit for community service and giving serves as an example for the organization he or she leads and filters down throughout the organization.
- At its core, all honorees are Pillar Award for Community Service winners.
About Smart Business Network
Smart Business Network is a national multimedia company that provides insight, advice and strategy to C-suite executives and entrepreneurs. It publishes 17 regional management journals under the brand Smart Business, operates multiple Web properties and produces conferences and events across the U.S.