Park Place Technologies Acquires NCE Group Limited
- Terms Not Disclosed
- Park Place Technologies announced today that it has acquired NCE Group Limited, a global provider of third-party data center maintenance and repair headquartered in the UK. The acquisition is Park Place’s largest purchase to date and is expected to expand the company’s client portfolio and presence worldwide, particularly in Europe.
- This deal, which will be integrated immediately, marks Park Place’s sixth acquisition in the past year. The focus on acquisitions will help the company more quickly achieve scale in the legacy enterprise storage and post-warranty hardware maintenance market.
Going Global Through M&A
- Organic Growth: Founded as a hardware reseller in 1991, Park Place is a Third-Party Maintenance (TPM) company that provides an alternative to post-warranty storage, server, and networking hardware maintenance for IT data centers — it currently supports more than 7,500 organizations in over 95 countries.
- Private Equity Push: In November 2015, Park Place was acquired by private equity firm GTCR in a partnership with CEO Ed Kenty and the Park Place management team. Since then, Park Place has been focusing on growing its offerings through both organic and inorganic growth — especially the latter.
- Acquisition Spree: Park Place has been aggressively pursuing acquisitions in the US and worldwide — and this transaction marks the sixth in the past twelve months. On August 2, the company announced its acquisition of TPM pioneer Allen Myland Inc. (AMI), a Pennsylvania-based data storage maintenance firm. Meanwhile, in July, Park Place acquired the Asia assets of Performance Data, a Delaware-based IT service provider with offices in Singapore and Malaysia, and in May acquired Prestige Data Centre Solutions, a UK-based IT infrastructure solutions provider. As for 2016, Park Place acquired New Hampshire-based Ardent last November and acquired London-based Com-Com last September. Further demonstrating its commitment to overseas expansion, Park Place opened an Asia location in Singapore last November.
- Specialized Player: Founded in 1981, NCE is an independent provider of data center maintenance and IT enterprise services and solutions focusing mainly on supply chain, multi-vendor services (MVS), IT Asset Disposition (ITAD), parts sales, and engineering and project services. The purchase will see 280 members of NCE join Park Place Technologies immediately.
For more information about this transaction, click here to read the press release.
To receive instant analysis on the day’s business news from Tim Mueller, contact [email protected]. Check out a list of diverse assets for sale on SBN’s IT M&A Marketplace powered by IT ExchangeNet here.
IT ExchangeNet is the industry-leading marketplace for matching buyers with sellers of mid-market IT businesses. Founded in 1998 by technology CEOs and M&A professionals, IT ExchangeNet is an efficient marketplace for owners of mid-market IT businesses seeking buyers or strategic partners. ExchangeNet follows a disciplined and highly targeted process, bringing buyers and sellers together to close deals with transaction values of less than $25 million.