Born: Addison, N.Y., near Corning
Education: Master of business administration degree from Harvard Business School and bachelor of science in marketing and human relations from The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
What was your first job, and what did you learn from it?
My first summer job in high school was as the janitorial guy at the local golf course. It taught me how to roll up my sleeves literally to get things done.
What’s your favorite Beam Global beverage?
Bourbon (Red Stag, Jim Beam Black or Maker’s 46)
What’s the best business advice you’ve ever received?
My first boss told me, ‘Don’t play politics. It’s destructive and nonproductive.’ I’ve tried to both live it and demand it of my teams.
Beam Global brands include:
- Jim Beam Bourbon, the No. 1 selling bourbon in the world
- Canadian Club Canadian whisky, one of the world’s leading Canadian whiskies
- Courvoisier Cognac, the No. 1 Cognac in the United Kingdom
- Laphroaig Scotch, the No. 1 single malt Islay Scotch whisky in the world
- Sauza Tequila, the No. 2 selling tequila in the world
- Larios gin, the No. 97 premium spirit in the world
- Whisky DYC, the No. 82 premium spirit in the world
- Teacher’s Scotch, the No. 53 premium spirit in the world
- DeKuyper cordials, the No. 1 selling line of cordials in the U.S.