Medical Mutual, along with our co-founding Pillar Award partner Smart Business, presents the 16th annual Pillar Awards.
This year, we are honoring an outstanding group of companies and organizations of varying sizes.
While this year’s diverse group of honorees may be different in many ways, one thing that they all have in common is their commitment to strengthening the bond between the for-profit and nonprofit worlds.
It occurred to us many years ago that few things are more meaningful and important than investing time and resources in supporting our community, and we felt the need to honor companies and their employees who have gone above and beyond the call. While support and direction come from management, companies are only as great as their employees.
For that reason, we are proud to present the Medical Mutual SHARE Award. This unique award was founded to recognize companies whose employees best exemplify the ideals of Medical Mutual’s own employee SHARE Committee. SHARE stands for serve, help, aid, reach and educate, and is the heart and soul of Medical Mutual’s charitable giving efforts.
The SHARE committee, comprised of Medical Mutual employee volunteers, helps coordinate more than two-dozen community events involving nearly half of the company’s 2,500 employees.
On behalf of Medical Mutual and Smart Business, we congratulate all our 2013 Pillar Award recipients.
Chairman, president and CEO
- Pillar Award for Community Service - Presented to for-profit businesses for their community service efforts
- Medical Mutual SHARE Award - Presented to one company annually that best exemplifies employee-driven community service, philanthropy or volunteerism.
- Nonprofit Board Executive of the Year Award - Honors contributions by for-profit business executives who serve as members of nonprofit boards
- Nonprofit Executive Director of the Year Award - Recognizes nonprofit executive directors who effectively apply for-profit business principles to their organizations.
- Fairmount Minerals Sustainable Business Award - Awarded to the organization that best demonstrates sustainable business practices.
- Kent Clapp CEO Leadership Award - Recognizes the top executive of a for-profit company for creating a culture of giving.
- Clark-Reliance Youth Philanthropy Award – Presented to the individual or individuals under the age of 22 or who have not yet graduated from college, who best demonstrate the spirit and drive to organize a nonprofit, create an individual initiative that impacts others, or develop a program designed to give back to the community either on an ongoing basis or as a one-off effort.
Kent Clapp CEO Leadership Award, Kevin Goodman, managing director, Blue Bridge Networks
Pillar Award for Community Service
- BlueBridge Networks
- Eaton Corp.
- Main Street Gourmet
- Staffing Solutions
- Sterling Jewelers
- Western Reserve Partners
Medical Mutual SHARE Award
Fairmount Minerals Sustainable Business Practices Award
Executive Directors of the Year
Nonprofit Board Executives of the Year
Clark-Reliance Youth Philanthropy Award