According to Bill Ryan, president of Master Consulting Group, building a culture that works for your company requires innovative actions, such as developing creative rewards and opportunities for your team.
Ryan offers a few examples.
1. Write handwritten notes to employees who go above and beyond.
2. Sponsor free or discounted passes to a local attraction.
3. Organize a "management car wash," where managers wash the employees' cars.
4. Bring homemade cookies into the office.
5. Cook breakfast for the crew once in a while.
6. Create contests at staff meetings to engage employees in the goal of the meeting.
7. Put together an inexpensive goodie bag as a reward for outstanding service.
8. Send your employee of the month to a matinee movie.
9. Conduct an ugly tie contest.
10. Offer lunch-break chair massages from a mobile massage therapist.
Whatever direction you opt to take, showing employees you care can translate into a motivated, happy work force. And that, in turn, can translate into a highly productive one. SOURCE: Master Consulting Group, (216) 591-0088