- Women-owned businesses employ more people than all Fortune 500 companies combined.
- Women-owned businesses are the fastest growing segment of the economy.
Source: National Association of Women Business Owners
The Columbus NAWBO chapter has scheduled the following meeting topics for the remainder of 1999:
- Sept. 16: Branding How to Create Brand Recognition. This meeting, which begins at 11:30 a.m. and runs until 1 p.m., will feature a guest speaker whose expertise is in setting a product, service or company apart in a competitive marketplace.
- Oct. 13: Legislative Issues and Candidate Night. This dinner meeting, which begins at 5:30 p.m., will target local and state candidates, challenging them to discuss issues that affect women business owners.
- Nov. 11: Tax Tips Heads Up for 2000! This meeting, which begins at 11:30 p.m. and concludes around 1 p.m., will feature Lindagrace Hickey, a partner with Whalen & Co. CPAs, who will explain changes in the tax law and share hints for better tax planning in 2000.
- Dec. 15: Are We Fulfilling Our Vision? This dinner meeting, which begins at 5:30 p.m., will include networking, a holiday program and inspirational speaker touching on questions of personal and professional fulfillment as well as goalsetting for the millennium.
All locations are to be announced closer to the meeting date. For more information or to register, contact Programs Chair Tricia Smith at 444-7455.