Welcome to the 2010 Pillar Awards.
On behalf of everyone at Medical Mutual of Ohio and our Pillar Award co-founding partner, Smart Business Network, we are proud to present these inaugural awards for community service in the Central Ohio region.
I personally want to congratulate this year’s recipients for their understanding of “commitment to community.” That is what the Pillar Award is all about leading by example and helping to improve the quality of life for Central Ohioans.
As we celebrate our 75th anniversary at Medical Mutual this year, our company has long understood the commitment to improve Columbus and the communities we serve. We strive to live up to that responsibility in everything we do.
You will notice that one of the Pillar Awards is a special award given to the company whose employees best exemplify the values of Medical Mutual’s volunteer employee S.H.A.R.E. committee.
S.H.A.R.E., which stands for Serve, Help, Aid, Reach and Educate, is the heart and soul of Medical Mutual’s charitable giving effort. Each year, this committee helps coordinate more than two-dozen community events involving nearly half of the company’s 2,500 employees.
“Improving the communities we serve” is a common theme for all of the Pillar Award recipients, and Medical Mutual of Ohio is honored to be in such outstanding company.
Rick Chiricosta is president and CEO of Medical Mutual of Ohio.
A full list of the 2010 honorees, with coverage of each:
Nonprofit Board Executive
- Alvis Inc., (dba Alvis House) - Hon. John A. Connor
- Girl Scouts of Ohio's Heartland - N. Suzanne Swanson
- Greater Columbus Arts Council - DeeDee Glimcher
Nonprofit Executive Director
- GroundWork Group - John Hrusovsky
- LifeCare Alliance - Charles W. Gehring
- Ohio Farm Bureau Federation Inc. - John C. Fisher
- St. Stephen's Community House - Michelle M. Mills
Pillar Award for Community Service
- Berger Health System
- Charles Penzone Family of Salons
- Circone & Associates Inc.
- Commercial Vehicle Group Inc.
- Delta Energy
- Columbus Window Cleaning Company
- Expesite LLC
Medical Mutual S.H.A.R.E Award
Kent Clapp CEO Leadership Award