Born: Freeport, Texas
Education: Bachelor’s degree, finance, University of Texas at Austin; master’s degree, management, Houston Baptist University
Details: Beauchamp joined the company in 1988 as a sales executive and served in key leadership positions in research and development, strategic marketing and corporate development. Named to lead BMC in 2001, Beauchamp led the company’s highly successful transformation from a mainframe tools vendor to one that delivers the industry’s most strategic enterprise management and automation solutions, enabling customers to automate their IT and prove its business value.
Beauchamp on interviewing top executives: If they are not able to present themselves professionally, that’s a sign. They are supposed to be in meetings with top executives a lot.
If they are a vice president level or above, they will be in tense situations regularly, and they need to be able to perform in that level, as well.
BMC fast facts:
- Founded in September 1980
- Initial public offering in August 1988
- Corporate headquarters located in Houston
- International headquarters located in Amsterdam and Singapore
- Market coverage in more than 115 countries
- Research and development offices located in Houston and Austin, Texas; San Jose, Calif.; Atlanta; Waltham, Mass.; Herndon, Va.; Aix-en-Provence, France; Singapore; Tel Aviv, Israel, and Pune, India
- Member of S&P 500
- Products sold through direct sales and indirect channels, including resellers, system integrators and original equipment manufacturers