Education: Bachelor’s in political science, UCLA; master’s degree in political science, University of Southern California
- American Heart Associations: Corporate chair, 2007 “Heart Walk”
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation: Corporate chair, 2005 “Walk to Cure Diabetes”
- Mercy Ships: Board member: The organization delivers medical care on hospital ships to indigent communities abroad.
- Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education
- Council of Teaching Hospitals of the Association of American Medical Colleges
- University HealthSystem Consortium
- Hospital Council of Northern and Central California: Executive committee, past chairman of the San Francisco section, co-chair of the San Francisco African American Health Disparity Project