Marsh, a leading insurance broker and risk advisory service, has developed Net Secure, a program of insurance and consulting for those involved in e-business. Marsh advises companies in e-business to take the following steps to identify and address potential risks:
- Know all of your e-business applications and examine the risks.
- Focus first on the risks that pose the greatest threat to profits or reputation.
- Gauge your vulnerability.
- Examine the financial impact and valuation issues associated with your e-business activities.
- Review your insurance to determine if it addresses your e-business risk.
- Examine contracts with vendors who provide critical functions for your Web business.
- Establish a team within you company to evaluate risks and develop strategies to deal with them.
- Establish e-business security measures. How to reach: Marsh, (412) 552-5077 or www.marshweb.com/e-business