Charley Kennedy has been an industry leader in the Pittsburgh region for the last 25 years. Prior to founding Fiducia Group in 2008, he was a key member of a Pittsburgh-based startup retirement services company called Invesmart. Previously, Kennedy was an executive at Federated Investors and other organizations based in Western Pennsylvania.
Kennedy’s entrepreneurial spirit led him to start Fiducia Group, of which he is managing principal today. Fiducia Group is engaged by employers to provide support with their workplace retirement program. Today the company has more than $1 billion in assets under management and has had an average growth rate of 65 percent since inception.
Fiducia Group acts as an investment adviser for employer workplace retirement programs and provides services to help employees better understand and take advantage of their retirement plan so they have successful retirement outcomes.
Kennedy’s vision with Fiducia Group is to assist employers with the historic problems facing workplace retirement plans. Hidden fees, poor service and a lack of employee guidance are just some of the issues facing many employer retirement programs. Fiducia Group’s model is designed to overcome these obstacles.
Kennedy’s vision and entrepreneurial approach have led to the addition of three other principal partners at Fiducia Group including an expansion into the Washington, D.C./Northern Virginia market. The firm’s growth has brought national attention to the organization.
Kennedy and his company are dedicated to making the region a better place to live and work. He is a founder and board member of the Pittsburgh Retirement Professionals, started in 2012, to bring together business leaders and companies to focus on assisting employers with their retirement programs. ●
How to reach: Fiducia Group, (855) 220-2520 or www.fiduciaretirement.com
2013 PACESETTER CLASS:
(Click below to read their profile.)
- Winner - Troy Gregory, president and CEO, System One Holdings LLC
- Honoree - Dennis Oates, president and CEO, Universal Stainless & Alloy Products Inc.
- Winner - Ken Zeff, founder and CEO, Crazy Mocha
- Honoree - Thomas Mattei, associate dean of professional programs, Duquesne University Mylan School of Pharmacy
- Honoree - H. Rochelle Stachel, founder and CEO, HRV Conformance Verification Associates Inc.
- Honoree - Mark Brennan, president and CEO, Clearview Federal Credit Union
- Winner - Debra Mortillaro, co-owner, Dreadnought Wines
- Honoree - Charley Kennedy, managing principal, Fiducia Group
- Honoree - Darrin Grove, CEO, TrueFit